Black Sesame Mochi Donuts - Cooking Therapy
◦ Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
◦ Toast the black sesame seeds for 10-20 seconds. Pour sesame seeds into a food processor or spice grinder and pulse until it becomes powder. I would highly recommend using a spice grinder.
◦ In a large bowl, mix together the sweet rice flour, baking powder, and powdered black sesame seeds. Set aside.
◦ In a separate bowl, whisk together the butter, vanilla extract, milk, and sugar. Add in the eggs and whisk until combined.
◦ Sift the dry ingredients from step 3 into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Use a spatula to combine until you get a wet dough.
◦ Spoon the dough into a pastry bag or ziploc bag. Pipe the dough into the donut pan. I used a donut pan with donut molds that are 3 inches in diameter.
◦ Bake for 7-9 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
◦ Once the donuts are out of the oven, cool for 10 minutes on a drying rack.
◦ While the donuts are cooling, make the glaze. Add all the ingredients for the glaze into a small bowl and whisk together.
◦ Dip donuts into the glaze and put them on the cooling rack to dry. It should take about 20 minutes for the glaze to fully dry.Next recipe Home page