Brunch Goals: French Toast
Picture yourself on a lazy Sunday morning, the sun streaming through your kitchen window, and the enticing aroma of freshly brewed coffee in the air. Now, add a plate of golden-brown French toast to that scene, and you’ve got yourself the perfect brunch. Our “Brunch Goals: French Toast” recipe is a delightful twist on this classic breakfast favorite, and it’s bound to become a weekend tradition in your home.
- 4 slices of thick-cut bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter
- Maple syrup and fresh berries for serving
- Start by whisking together the eggs, milk, vanilla extract, and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add a tablespoon of butter.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, ensuring it’s well-coated, and then place it in the hot skillet.
- Cook the French toast until it’s golden brown on both sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Repeat the process with the remaining slices of bread, adding more butter to the skillet as needed.
- Once all the French toast is cooked, serve it hot with a drizzle of maple syrup and a handful of fresh berries.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2 servings
Our “Brunch Goals: French Toast” recipe is the perfect combination of crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. The addition of cinnamon and vanilla in the egg mixture gives it a warm and comforting flavor that’s simply irresistible. Whether you’re hosting a brunch gathering or treating yourself to a leisurely weekend morning, this French toast recipe is sure to impress.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
- Calories: 320
- Protein: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 32g
- Fat: 18g
- Fiber: 2g
Picture yourself savoring each bite of this delectable French toast, with the flavors of cinnamon and vanilla dancing on your taste buds. It’s a brunch that truly embodies your “Brunch Goals.” So, gather your loved ones, prepare this delightful dish, and make your mornings a little brighter with this recipe.