Strawberry Tart with a Matcha Crust - Cooking Therapy
◦ Combine all purpose flour, matcha powder, sugar, salt, and butter in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture is fine like sand.
◦ Add the egg and vanilla extract. Pulse until small chunks appear. Be careful not to over mix. You don’t want to pulse it until a large dough ball forms. A good way to know if it’s done is to press some of the dough between your fingers. If it sticks together, it’s done.
◦ Empty the dough onto a lightly floured surface. Press the dough together into a dough ball. It should come together easily without sticking to your hands. Flatten slightly with your hands into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour.
◦ Lightly flour a flat surface. Roll out the dough into an 11 inch disc. I like to smack the dough a few times with my rolling pin to loosen it up.
◦ Loosely roll the dough around the rolling pin and drape it over a 9 inch tart pan (preferably with a removable bottom). Lightly press the dough into a 9 inch tart pan. Use a knife to cut off any excess dough. Cover and let it freeze for at least 30 minutes.
◦ Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
◦ Press aluminum foil against the inside of the tart. Make sure the aluminum foil is conformed to the shape of your tart. Pour pie weights/dried beans/dried rice into the center. This will help the crust bake evenly and keep it’s shape.
◦ Put the tart pan on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
◦ Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes.Next recipe Home page