Salt and Pepper Shrimp - Cooking Therapy
◦ Mix corn starch and chicken bouillon powder in a large bowl. Pat the shrimp dry with paper towels and coat them with the mixture.
◦ Heat 1-2 cups of vegetable oil in a pot or dutch oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Use a candy thermometer to help keep the temperature consistent throughout the frying process. Make sure the oil is 1 inch deep.
◦ Drop the shrimp one by one into the oil. Do not crowd the pot. Fry for 2-4 minutes until the shrimp is orange on both sides. Once done, place the shrimp onto a plate covered with paper towels. The paper towels will absorb excess oil.
◦ Heat a large fry pan over high heat. Add salt to the pan. Cook for 1-2 minutes until a light brown color. Next, add the white pepper and cook for 30 seconds. Empty both onto a plate.
◦ Add 1 tablespoon of oil to the pan. You can use some of the oil you used to fry the shrimp.
◦ Add the garlic and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes until they look shiny.
◦ Add the jalapeno and green onions. Saute for another minute.
◦ Lastly, add back the shrimp and then add the salt and pepper. Saute for another minute and remove from the heat.
◦ Serve with white rice and enjoy!Next recipe Home page